Full Time | Grand Haven, MI
eSafety works with companies across the US to provide exceptional online training to their employees through a comprehensive Learning Management System (LMS). We pride ourselves on creating the best product and experience possible for all of our clients. Our Instructional Designers are imperative in making this possible, as they bring to life the material needed for our clients and their employees to fully understand and incorporate safety into the workplace.
As an Instructional Designer you will be responsible for creating training courses that are informational and engaging, going beyond cookie-cutter designs to effectively communicate to a growing and diverse customer base. This includes the use of audio, text, graphics and video, as well as any further techniques you can bring to the table. You will work directly with the course development team to continually update, manage and create courses to best serve our clients.
We are looking for a talented individual who is able to not only express ideas artistically, but visualize concepts so the audience can fully understand technical concepts. This person will manage their time between multiple projects, have the potential to influence the design process of courses, and help nurture the eSafety identity.
What You Do
- Work with subject matter experts to develop EHS training courses
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Design and develop courses from start to finish for use within our LMS
- Test and troubleshoot course functionality and optimize user experience in our learning management system environment
Primary Skills Needed
- Strong design, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines, ensuring timely completion of projects
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
- Proficiency with Articulate, Captivate or equivalent digital course authoring tools
- Familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop and other adobe suite programs
- Complex problem solving and decision making
- Active listening
Additional Skills Wanted
- Experience with learning management systems preferred
- EHS background or experience
- Experience with SCORM or other LMS tracking methods
- Ability to create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, etc.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years’ experience designing, developing and implementing digital programs/courseware