Practice good hygiene and wash your hands frequently, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Follow the steps below for proper handwashing techniques:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- Dispose of your used towel properly. Some experts recommend using your drying towel as a barrier for touching the door handle if a hands-free exit door is not available.
If soap and water is not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Wash hands as soon as you are able. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Be well and be safe!
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Get more information about the COVID-19 course here.