The importance of an effective workplace safety and health program cannot be overemphasized. However, even with a comprehensive safety system in place, incidents can still occur in spite of efforts to prevent them. This course is designed to provide guidance to employers that need to set up an emergency response plan and wish to have guidelines for creating a plan or to audit their existing plan. Also, this presentation will improve employees’ knowledge and heighten their awareness of the basic information and pre-planning needs they must be accountable for within their specific work areas to be properly prepared for an emergency.
29 CFR 1910.37
29 CFR 1910.38
- What is an Emergency?
- What is Emergency Management?
- Establishing the Team
- Schedule and Budget
- Capabilities and Hazards
- Identify Codes and Regulations
- Review Internal Documentation
- Meet with Local Agencies
- Group Facility Review
- Identify Response Capabilities
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Develop the Plan
- Chain of Command
- Means for Reporting Emergencies
- Emergency Escape Procedures and Routes
- Accounting for Personnel
- Critical Plant Operations
- Rescue and Medical Duties