This training course reviews the basic requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, known as OSHA, for protection of employees from fall hazards. This presentation will focus on the proper use of personal fall arrest systems in order to safely perform work in elevated areas.
- Training Objectives
- When is Fall Protection Required?
- Using Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Types of Fall Protection
- What is a Personal Fall Arrest System
- Components of Fall Arrest Systems
- Free Fall Deceleration
- Harness vs. Body Belt
- Snap Hooks
- Other Component Lifelines
- Self-retracting Lifelines
- Using Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Hazards of Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Inspection and Maintenance